Michigan Environmental Council
Last updated: November 2016
Michigan Environmental Council (MEC) will automatically add you to our database of supporters when you donate or participate in any Michigan Environmental Council campaign. If you do not wish to be on Michigan Environmental Council’s list, you may unsubscribe at any time, and we will make that option easily and readily available. Michigan Environmental Council will never sell your e-mail address or other contact information.
Subscriber information & "Contact Us" forms
Information submitted by users via the “Contact MEC” page listed below our mailing address in the lefthand column of our website comes to the Michigan Environmental Council in the form of an email. We will store your email address in our database of supporters if: (1) you elect to receive our email updates when you use our web-based form to contact us, or (2) if you participate in any Michigan Environmental Council campaign. The Michigan Environmental Council does not collect any information other than what the supporter provides on our forms. If you would like to review your personal information collected, make corrections and/or request that your information not be shared with third parties, please contact us at (517-487-9539) or by mail (Michigan Environmental Council, 602 W. Ionia St, Lansing, MI 48933). Requests are usually processed within 5-7 working days.
Subscriber information will be used by Michigan Environmental Council to send out messages related to our work, advocacy and related messaging.
Sharing subscriber information
The Michigan Environmental Council will not share personally identifiable information with a third party, except in the unlikely event that it is required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a court order or legal process served on our website. In the event that a campaign or action item is a collaboration with partner organizations, the Michigan Environmental Council will clearly indicate that subscriber information may be shared before the subscriber opts in.
Communications from website
When supporters sign up for newsletters and email lists through the Michigan Environmental Council website, the Michigan Environmental Council sends supporters a welcome email to explain what you can expect to receive from us. Michigan Environmental Council also sends supporters periodic emails with information and links to our website and other related content. Michigan Environmental Council also sends supporters information about Michigan Environmental Council events, action campaigns and fundraising efforts.
Supporters may unsubscribe from our email updates at any time. Links to unsubscribe are included at the bottom of every Michigan Environmental Council e-mail communication. If you are unable to complete your request using our automated system, please contact us at 517-487-9539. Requests are usually processed within several working days.
Michigan Environmental Council’s website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Michigan Environmental Council is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Michigan Environmental Council’s website.
The Michigan Environmental Council Donate page uses encryption software to protect donor data. Michigan Environmental Council has partnered with Network for Good to securely process online credit card payments via Network for Good (tax ID 68-0480736). Those transactions are subject to Network for Good’s Privacy, Security & Disclosure Statement and the Charitable Solicitation Disclosure. In addition, the Michigan Environmental Council newsletter signup page uses encryption software to protect subscriber data. Michigan Environmental Council has partnered with Constant Contact to securely process email newsletter subscriptions. Those transactions are subject to the Constant Contact Privacy Statement. You always have the opportunity to opt-out of email messages by using the opt-out link included in the link in the footer of the message.
The Michigan Environmental Council “Make Contact” form allows website visitors to submit comments to MEC. The form collects only basic contact information and we currently do not use encryption software to protect this data. The form data is stored in a private, online database to which only Michigan Environmental Council and its agents have access.
Use and Disclosure of Donor Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Postal Address: Michigan Environmental Council, 602 W. Ionia St., Lansing, MI 48933