By the numbers
AT&T’s $565 million plan to deploy 15,000 green vehicles by 2018: • Sustained an average of 1,000 jobs per year from 2009 to 2013.
• Will save 49 million gallons of gasoline over 10 years.
• Will cut the company’s carbon footprint by 211,000 metric tons over 10 years—the equivalent of taking more than 38,000 vehicles off the road for a year.
The adoption of similar green fleet policies by half of U.S. corporate fleets over the next decade would:
• Create or retain 20,000 assembly jobs.
• Save 1.5 billion gallons of gasoline per year.
• Cut annual carbon dioxide emissions by the equivalent of 1.2 million vehicles.
Source: The Economic and Environmental Impacts of a Corporate Fleet Vehicle Purchase Program, Center for Automotive Research, 2009
© Copyright Michigan Environmental Council, All rights reserved