Job Posting - MEC Development Associate
Aug 21, 2014
Posting date: August 21, 2014
The Michigan Environmental Council (MEC) seeks a Development Associate to help raise financial support for our programs to defend the health and beauty of Michigan’s environment. This is a full-time position based in our Lansing, Michigan headquarters.
- Assist president and other staff leaders in implementing a range of activities to build stronger relationships with and secure increased gifts from generous MEC donors.
- Play lead role in the financial and organizational success of MEC’s major annual fundraising event, as well as smaller gatherings held throughout the year.
- Manage MEC’s efforts to thank donors for their generous financial support.
- Develop and direct programs to cultivate potential new MEC major donors.
- Assist members of development committee in meeting their fundraising obligations.
- Support director of finance and development in fulfilling administrative obligations related to the sound fiscal management of the organization.
- Fulfill responsibilities shared equally by all staff in a 15-person non-profit office environment.
- In-state travel is required.
- Commitment to the health and beauty of Michigan’s environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Conscientiousness, strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and sense of humor.
- Capacity to solve problems and identify ways to complete tasks more efficiently.
- Strong working knowledge of basic computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in public policy and politics.
- Fundraising and/or event planning experience.
- Effective working knowledge of social networking and other new media technologies.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, health/dental coverage and employer-matched retirement plan.
Position will remain open until filled by a highly qualified candidate. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by September 19, 2014.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with three references (all one PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
Chris Kolb, PresidentMichigan Environmental Council602 W. Ionia StreetLansing, MI 48933
If you have questions, please use the e-mail above or call Judy Bearup at 517-487-9539.
The Michigan Environmental Council – a 501(c)(3) charitable organization – is a coalition of more than 70 organizations, created in 1980 to lead Michigan’s environmental movement in achieving positive change through the political process. With our members and other partners, MEC promotes public policies to ensure that Michigan families will enjoy clear waters, clean beaches, beautiful landscapes and healthy communities for years to come.
MEC is an equal opportunity employer
© Copyright Michigan Environmental Council, All rights reserved